What makes us different from other Sugar Land attorneys
Intense, Thorough Legal Representation
I am a Houston defense attorney that restricts the number of clients and cases I handle. Your freedom and your opinion of my performance are paramount. Higher quality representation requires having fewer cases on my docket. I will not dash in and out of the courtroom, I will be there to protect you. The reasoning is simple: if you appreciate the job I have done and the result obtained, then you will be a positive source of referrals for me from others in need of a legal consult in Wharton County, Harris County and Fort Bend County, and throughout Texas. Often, people call and ask how much I charge for a certain offense. First, I rarely discuss fees over the telephone. Your freedom is too important for a 30 second conversation. I prefer to make an appointment and discuss the case in person before we start talking about money. Every individual and factual scenario is different so I will not set a fee without having a detailed discussion. I refuse to run my law office like a fast food restaurant.
What Low Volume, High Quality Legal Representation Means to You:
It means systematic, regular, and efficient communication with clients. Effective communication demonstrates loyalty, confidence and preparation. I will:
- Communicate the steps to be taken
- Estimate the time frame for each step
- Determine the potential results of each action
- Dismiss any false impressions or expectations concerning the criminal justice system
- Describe the process in a way the client can understand
Advantages for Clearly Communicating with Clients Include:
An educated client will have a much better idea of what is important to the case and will be able to provide information and ask questions that will help him or her to develop more coherent case theories and more effective strategies;
Keeping clients informed helps them manage the stress of the criminal justice system; and An informed client is a satisfied client and that relates to more referrals for me.
What a Client Should Expect from his Criminal Defense Attorney:
- The defense attorney must ethically and actively defend his client.
- The defense attorney must present all options to his client with recommendations and professional opinions.
- The defense attorney must prepare his client completely for each step in the legal process.
- The defense attorney must review all possible defense scenarios and interview all witnesses and review evidence in support of the client’s case.
- The defense attorney must develop a theme to the defense. The theme is composed of a powerful defense strategy and a course of action to present reasonable doubt or otherwise minimize exposure or punishments.
If you are in need of legal consultation in the Harris County / Wharton County area please contact David Kiatta for a free one-hour legal consultation by calling (713) 785-8005 or by e-mail.